Construction Safety Certification Scheme (CSCS)
The construction industry accounts for more than a quarter of work-related deaths and over 4000 major injuries each year. The CSCS Card (construction skill certification scheme) is at the forefront, driving health and safety into the construction industry.
The CSCS cards are sort after by most major contractors and by 2010 will become an industry standard. The commitment to raise health and safety standards is also underpinned by legislation such as the Construction (Design and Management) regulations, which stipulate that skilled workers must have an understanding of the importance of health and safety.
One of the requirements for your employees to obtain a CSCS card is that they must pass the Health and Safety Test. This test consists of 40 multiple choice questions that must be answered in 45 minutes.
We have developed a short course designed not only to give your employees the best chance possible of passing the test but also to raise their health and safety awareness and therefore reduce the risks of construction related accidents and ill health.
For more information please call 01767 692196
The CSCS training course devised by Guardian Risk Management
The course can be run in-house at your premises providing you have adequate facilities or at a conference room in your local area.
The course includes:
- All sections covered in the health and safety test.
- An opportunity to answer the questions that could come up on the test during the course to assist with learning.
- A mock test to give delegates some experience of the test.
There are 15 core sections in the training and the test. There are however specialist sections and test depending on your occupation and jobs on site. The following are the specialist sections which we can adapt into our training course:
- Supervisory and management
- Plumbing and gas
- Highways work
- Specialist working at height
- Lifts and escalators
- Heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR)
For delegates to:
- To increase your employees awareness of health and safety within the construction industry and help them reduce the risks of accidents and ill health.
- To give your employees the opportunity to practice the questions that are likely to come up in the health and safety test and improve their chances of passing.
Benefits of doing the CSCS training course include:
- Your employees will have received training in construction health and safety from a competent safety professional.
- They will have a much better chance of passing the CSCS Health and Safety Test.
- Accidents & ill health, prosecutions, fines and claims for compensation will be minimised.
- The employees will be able to gain access to more construction sites.
- Employees will have reached the 2010 goal to raise construction health and safety standards.
You will need to apply for the card from the CITB once the test is passed. The card will be valid for one, three or five years depending on the type of card you apply for. It will consist or your name, photo and qualifications.
You can apply for many different cards including an operative’s card and manager/supervisor card. It would depend on the jobs you undertake on site.
Our clients include:
- Home Group – one of the leading providers of affordable and supported housing for people in the UK
- Kevington Building Products Limited – the UK`s largest nationwide supplier of cut bricks, prefabricated arches, wall panels, ready built chimney systems and bespoke designs
- Broadcast Sounds – public address and music system suppliers and installers
- Premier Contracts – conservatory and roofing specialists
Kent Plastic Installations - suppliers and installers of roofline products
- A1R Services – Air conditioning specialists
Frequently asked questions
What card schemes are available?
Most construction trades are covered by the Construction Safety Certification Scheme (CSCS). Different trades are still covered by others schemes such as plant operatives, scaffolders, demolition operatives, heating and ventilation operatives, electricians and plumbers.
I am not a construction worker and most of the sections on the test are irrelevant to my job, why do I have to do this?
More contractors are asking for the frequent visitors to have a basic understanding on construction site health and safety. The sections on the test are geared to people who work on a site but those who frequent the site will also need to learn the basics in order to pass the test. By 2010 the construction industry is hoping to have the CSCS cards as a UK wide industry standard.
How do I get the card?
First you need to pass the CITB health and safety test then once passed you apply to the CITB for the card.
Where can I do the training?
Guardian Risk Management can run a course at your place of work providing you have the facilities other wise we can book a local conference room at no extra cost to you.
I am ready to book how do I do this?
Call us now on 01767 692196
For more details call us now on 01767 692196 or simply email us at email@example.com and we will contact you.